From Radical Reference Wiki
- Please add items you think people should read ahead of time.
- Please keep them alphabetical.
- Feel free, encouraged even, to provide some annotation.
- Please volunteer to summarize one item for the group at the salon by putting your name after it in parentheses, like this: (Farfel)
- American Libraries Online. "WorldCat Policy Revision Draws Librarians' Ire." December 12, 2008.
- Beall, Jeffrey. "OCLC: A Review" in Radical Cataloging: Essays at the Front, edited by K.R. Roberto. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co. 2008. (Emily)
- Code4Lib. "OCLC Policy Change." Editing ongoing, cuz it's a wiki.
- Hadro, Josh. "ARL/ASERL Task Force to Investigate OCLC Policy Change." Library Journal. December 15, 2008.
- Moody, Glyn. "Save the Libraries – With Open Source." Linux Journal. November 27, 2008.
- Spalding, Tim. "The Elusive Moose and OCLC." Thingology Blog. December 7, 2008.
- Swartz, Aaron. "Stealing Your Library: The OCLC Powergrab." Raw Thought. November 13, 2008.
- West, Jessamyn. "OCLC Kerfuffle Summarized in a Way I Agree with." Librarian.net. November 17, 2008.
We expect the conversation to take on a shape guided by who shows up and what they're interested in. Here are some guiding questions we might keep in mind as we read and respond--feel free to add your own.
- Questions to come!