Radref site design
From Radical Reference Wiki
|Revision as of 18:24, 26 February 2010
MRM (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
Jenna (Talk | contribs)
This is where we'll collate all the ideas for redesigning the Radical Reference site
Eric suggested we identify other possible themes for the newly refactored site. One way to do that is to go here and keep hitting random. There's also a giant list on the Drupal site. Click filter by 6.x to look only at themes that are supported on our installation. Jenna 12:19, 31 January 2010 (EST)
- genesis webx
- friendsforever now friendselectric
- amity island
- arthemia see the raggedy edge --from Alycia: I think the text boxes at the top would be interesting to explore; we could separate the pages into links for different users; i.e. "Ask A Question", "Volunteers," etc. with a little text about what each of these pages includes?--I also think it is important to stay away from themes that make the site look really bloggish.
- 1/24/10: Easy to do once the php is upgraded to 6, add link to Twitter. Also Facebook? Flickr pool? What else?
Update: On 1/18/10, the site was updated to Drupal 6!
- Eric removed the spiral (2/26/10)
- Feedback from a site user (2/8/10):
"it's not 100% clear on the Ask a Question page where to click to actually go to the page where you can ask a question: http://radicalreference.info/node/add/content_question (it only says "question"...)"
- There is also an online survey -- please fill it out so we can get everyone's thoughts and ideas!
Website To Do List
- Possible anti-spam solution: Mollom, though Eric has reservations. (MRM, 2/26/10)
- Resolve theming bug (?) that puts the recaptcha above the login fields when you follow the link in comment notifications. (MRM, 2/26/10)
- The lists page needs updating. (MRM, 2/22/10, via jenna)
- Something else for the to-do list regarding content: Re-organize the Radical Reference in the News page so that entries are in reverse chronological order rather than alphabetical by publication. (MRM, 1/6/10)
- Maybe the navigation menu for non-logged-in users could be:
- Create content
- Local Collectives
- [the collectives]
- Recent posts
- Volunteer guide (MRM, 11/3/09)
(2/9/06) After several responses on the list in favor of the multi-colored tabs, I left them the way they are. JRJ